Are You a Crunchy Granola Hippie Mama?
You are intrigued by the words crunchy, granola, hippie… so you’re wondering if you too could be a “crunchy granola hippie mama.”
Most Mamas are definitely very strong in their beliefs, whatever they may be. In fact, you have probably been developing those beliefs since well before having kids of your own, right? I know when I was a young girl all I ever wanted to do was grow up and be a Mommy! So, I thought about it… a lot! I noticed other kids in the stores with their Mommies and thought to myself, “my child will never do that!” HAHA! Boy, does that ever change after kids!
No matter what belief system we lean toward or what political views we have, one thing remains consistent. All Mamas want the very best for their kiddos! We strive to make sure we provide the very best life for our kids that we can, do all the “right” things and ensure that they are the happiest, healthiest kids in the world!
It’s becoming more and more popular these days to be what I like to call a Crunchy Granola Hippie Mama! The reasons for this ever increasing popularity are numerous and deserve to be broken down into many other posts. I will save those for later.
For now, I’ve come up with this list so that you can know for sure if you indeed are a Crunchy Granola Hippie Mama.
- Coconut Oil and Breastmilk are your go-to cure for everything! From boo-boos to diaper rashes to eczema, just put a little coconut oil or breastmilk on it and it will be fine.
- Speaking of breastmilk, that’s the ONLY way to properly nourish your little ones… until they go off to college! Breast is best!
- You use the term EBF like we all know what you’re talking about! lol In fact, you hashtag every picture of your kids with #EBF 🙂 And, it is the only reason he or she is doing so well in college!
- Diapers?! CLOTH is the ONLY way to go. After all, it is so much better for the environment and for little tushies too! You use only the finest cloths for these. Your baby deserves the very best!
- Vaccinations? No way! Those things are dangerous. You personally know (well, at least on Facebook! lol) at least 5 Mamas who have had a personal experience with vaccine injuries. Pox Parties are a thing and everyone attends!
- Natural Birth – it’s the ONLY way to have a baby. That’s how they did it “back in the day” so why not now. You have a very high tolerance for pain, so you can handle it… at home, in your own bathtub.
- Family Bed or Co-Sleeping is your new way to sleep. Once you had your first baby, you no longer enjoyed sleeping with just your hubby. Now, you have 6 kids, 2 cats and a puppy in your bed and hubby is there somewhere too.
- After a good night’s sleep you all wake up whenever you want to in order to spend the rest of your day homeschooling (or un-schooling) because you believe that your kids were given to you to educate, not send them off to some school that doesn’t even teach what you believe. Plus, part of the kids’ education is learning how to work the garden, gather eggs from the chickens and prepare a meal for the family. Right?!
- Speaking of meals, the kids will only eat completely ORGANIC foods and meat only on occasion, if at all. Also, this meat should be from a local farm who feeds their animals only the best, organic feed. Snacking in your home consists of organic fruits and veggies. A real treat is homemade kale chips! Homemade kombucha is consumed daily as well.
- Television? No, your kids do not watch it. In fact, they don’t even know what it is. All cartoons and shows are bad for them and have some crazy agenda for turning them against the world and our planet. Maybe when they are older. But, for now, they should only learn everything they need to know from Mama and Daddy.
There are only SOME of the ways you can tell if you are a Crunchy Granola Hippie Mama. Feel free to share any others you can think of in the comments! I would love to hear from you. Also, please use the form below to join my mailing list. The best is yet to come! 🙂